Sunday 7 September 2008

The tape fell off

I was getting a stream of exceptions in my output window when doing a drag-drop. They didn't seem to be affecting my program; the exceptions were in windows code (rather than my code); they weren't stopping my program running - just appearing in my debug output window.

I googled for the exception. I couldn't find what was causing them, or how to stop them occuring. But I did find a post explaining how to stop them appearing in my output window (right click the output window, untick "Exception Messages").

Obviously it would need resolving eventually, but this worked as a stop-gap solution.

Trouble is, the "solution" reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons...

Lisa: Hey dad, that light says check engine...
Homer: Uh oh... the tape must have fallen off.... there, problem solved (engine stops)

No comments: